Turmeric, made from the roots of the Curcuma longa plant, is an ancient Indian spice that is becoming a popular herbal supplement due to its antioxidant benefits.†
- Provides antioxidant activity that helps neutralize free radicals in the body†
- Guaranteed to contain at least 47.5 mg total Curcuminoids per capsule
Turmeric, made from the roots of the Curcuma longa plant, is an ancient Indian spice that has become a popular herbal supplement. The curcumin in turmeric is responsible for its vibrant yellow color and provides antioxidant activity that helps neutralize free radicals in the body.† Out of various common spices, turmeric has one of the highest antioxidant activities.
Nature Made Turmeric is guaranteed to contain at least 47.5 mg total Curcuminoids per capsule.
Nature Made Turmeric is guaranteed to meet our high quality standards - it is made from carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes.
- #1 Pharmacist Recommended Herbal Supplement Brand*
- No Colors Added
- No Artificial Flavors
- No Preservatives
- No Yeast or Starch.
- Gluten free
Available Sizes: 60 Count
* Based on US News & World Report - Pharmacy Times Survey of pharmacist recommending in this category
Dosage and Interactions
When to Take:
Take one capsule daily, with a meal. For easier swallowing, take with water before and during ingestion.
Turmeric should be avoided when:
- You have a history of gall stones or bile duct obstruction
- You are pregnant or nursing
- Having surgery – due to the anti-platelet effects of turmeric, patients undergoing surgery should discontinue turmeric at least 2 weeks prior to surgery.
Turmeric should be used with caution when:
- Taking blood thinning medications (e.g.. Warfarin, Clopidogrel, and Aspirin) and/or anti-platelet drugs since turmeric may increase risk of bleeding due to decreased platelet aggregation.
Given that no two people are alike, if you are taking any medications you should be aware that potential drug-nutrient interactions may occur and are encouraged to consult a health care professional before using this product. Combining certain prescription drugs and dietary supplements can lead to undesirable effects such as:
- Diminished drug effectiveness
- Reduced supplement effectiveness
- Impaired drug and/or supplement absorption
Are there any drug interactions that I need to be aware of?
Consult your physician if you are taking any blood thinning medications such as coumadin/warfarin, or if you are on aspirin therapy.
Can anyone take Turmeric Curcumin?
If you have a history of gall stones or bile duct obstruction, or if you are pregnant or nursing, avoid taking this product. Discontinue use at least 2 weeks prior to undergoing surgery.
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a shrub related to ginger and is native to tropical regions of Southern Asia. The root is used as a spice, coloring agent, and in traditional medicine.
What is Turmeric Curcumin used for?
Turmeric is an ancient Indian spice known for its antioxidant benefits.† Antioxidants help to neutralize free radicals in the body.† Turmeric contains the active compound curcumin which makes it vibrant yellow in color. Curcumin is responsible for its antioxidant benefits.†
For 40 years, we have been obsessed with quality at Nature Made®. From ingredient sourcing, to industry-leading manufacturing practices, to our third-party verification approach, we believe it is our responsibility to lead in delivering quality products and a quality consumer experience. For more information, click here
Nature Made® is the #1 Pharmacist Recommended Brand in Nine Categories, based on US News & World Report - Pharmacy Times Survey. – Nature Made has been recognized in the Letter Vitamins, Omega-3/Fish Oil, Coenzyme Q10, Flax Seed Oil, Herbal Supplements, Cholesterol Management-Natural, Garlic, Diabetic Multivitamins and Mood Health Supplements categories.
See All Recommended Articles